Proper bike fit is KEY for all riders of all Levels.
For the Recreational Rider or the Rider who is just beginning, Bike Fit helps maximize comfort and performance. For the Rider who is more advanced and experienced, Proper Bike fit helps to insures Efficiency, Power and is instrumental in helping prevent overuse injuries and discomfort.
We offer two types of Fitting services:
Static Fit(75$, 30 - 60 minute process)
Helps dial in the proper seat height and fore aft/reach adjustment on the bike. This is the foundation for good fit on the bicycle and its a great place to start in insuring proper fit, static fit will include Cleat positioning on compatible shoes at no additional charge. If you purchase your bike from us and Shoes and pedals at the Same time, The Static Fit will be provided at no charge.
Dynamic Fit($250, 2 to 4 hour process)
A bike fit using Retül technology typically includes the following steps:
The Retul Fit process, uses a Patented 3D motion capture system to insure that the riders fit has been optimized for the bicycle he is riding.
- The fitter conducts an initial physical assessment of the rider, and at this point can address the rider's concerns about performance, pain, or any other issues the rider hopes to alleviate during the bike fit.
- LED markers are strategically placed on eight anatomical points of the rider: the wrist, elbow, shoulder, hip, knee, ankle, heel, and toe.
- As the rider pedals, Retül's sensor bar gathers real-time, three-dimensional data of the rider's pedal strokes and movements.
- Retül's rotating platform allows the fitter to collect data for both sides of the rider without the rider leaving the bike.
- The rider's data is compiled into a reader-friendly report for analysis by the fitter. The fitter can then assess the rider's position and make necessary adjustments.
- The Zin, Retül's handheld digitizer, allows the fitter to digitally measure the rider's bike at 13-15 points, depending on the bike. The Zin can measure fixed points, contours, and curves, and provides a complete digital map of the bike.
- The data includes the rider's personal profile, measurements from the fit, bike measurements, and the rider's final fit position.
The Final Piece of the Process is theFutBed cycling insoles.
- The Fütbed system is designed to create high quality, fully customized insoles with seamless integration into the Retül motion capture bike fit process or as a stand alone service
- Fütbeds can be created in less than 30 minutes and completed in conjunction with a bike fit
- Fitter can evaluate pre and post-Fütbed rider fit data with the Retül motion capture system
- Fütbeds are molded on-site